Call to submit funding applications for financing from sources of the „Dr.-Klaus-Körper-Stiftung”
From now on, there is the possibility given to submit applications for funding from the “Dr.-Klaus-Körper-Stiftung”. The GAMM Managing Board has set up a commission, which decides on the funding applications. Its members include the Treasurer, A. Walther (Paderborn) as Chairman and S. Leyendecker (Erlangen), S. Hartmann (Clausthal) and R. Seifried (Hamburg).
According to the foundation's purpose, funding can be given for financial assistance for young, non-tenure scientists up to the age of 35 years (the age limit shall be extended by periods of military and civilian service and the education of children) solely for the following purposes:
- GAMM seminars organized by GAMM-Activity Groups: up to a maximum of € 1500.
- GAMM winter and summer schools organized by GAMM members: up to a maximum of € 1500.
- annual GAMM-Workshops organized by the group of the GAMM Juniors: up to a maximum of € 1000.
- GAMM-Workshops and GAMM student workshops organized by GAMM-Chapters: up to a maximum of € 300 per Chapter and year.
- GAMM Interdisciplinary platforms organized by GAMM members: up to a maximum of € 300.
Applications for funding through the "Dr.-Klaus-Körper-Stiftung" have to be sent in writing or by email to the commission chairman
Prof. Dr. Andrea Walther
Treasurer of the GAMM e.V.
University of Paderborn
Institut für Mathematik
Warburger Str. 100
The grant application must state the basis for the purpose of support in view of the foundation's intentions in detail and identify the amount as well as the subject for funding and people. Applications should not exceed two A4 pages. CV and publication list have to be attached.
The commission takes its funding decision at least twice per year, by late March and late September. Here, all the applications which reached in time (dates: 31.1. respectively 31.7.) the commission chairman, are considered in the selection.