About the GAMM
Gesellschaft für Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik (GAMM) promotes scientific development in all areas of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics. For this purpose
- the GAMM constitutes several Activity Groups for all kinds of fields in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, where to the subject related workshops, especially for younger scientists, are organized
- the scientists are invited to take part and to present their research results at the international scientific annual GAMM meeting
- among other publications by the GAMM, the GAMM-Mitteilungen serve as a scientific journal and the GAMM-circular collects and provides information for all members
- the GAMM cooperates with many other national and international organizations (e.g. DMV, EMS, ICIAM, IUTAM, EUROMECH, ECCOMAS, IFIP)
- in remembrance of Richard von Mises, the GAMM honors outstanding scientific achievements in the areas of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics: The Richard-von-Mises-Preis, including a monetary allowance, is awarded annually at the annual GAMM meeting
The GAMM was founded in 1922 von Ludwig Prandtl and Richard von Mises. The society promotes Scientific development in all areas of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics. As legacy of the founding fathers the society cultivates international cooperation in Applied Mathematics as well in all areas of Mechanics and Physics relating to the foundations of the enginiering sciences. Historically, the society has played an essential role in the advancement of hydro- and aerodynamics, solid state mechanics as well as numerical and industrial mathematics. GAMM is a society with a distinctly international organisation, currently more then 1500 members comprising.